On the Hill: Shorty Showdown day at Vail
April 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report from the annual Shorty Showdown in memory of Jesse Canestorp, a Vail local who passed away in 2009.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 10 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 69-inch mid mountain base, 307 inches this season
Weather: Very sunny
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: Great day for spring skiing at Vail. Changing conditions from top to bottom are making it difficult on the surface of your skis/board, though, so make sure and slather on plenty of good all mountain wax.
Snowcast: We’ve another chance of snow for this weekend, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade