On the Hill: Shorty Showdown day at Vail
April 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report from the annual Shorty Showdown in memory of Jesse Canestorp, a Vail local who passed away in 2009.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 10 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 69-inch mid mountain base, 307 inches this season
Weather: Very sunny
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: Great day for spring skiing at Vail. Changing conditions from top to bottom are making it difficult on the surface of your skis/board, though, so make sure and slather on plenty of good all mountain wax.
Snowcast: We’ve another chance of snow for this weekend, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl