On the Hill: Shorty Showdown day at Vail
April 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report from the annual Shorty Showdown in memory of Jesse Canestorp, a Vail local who passed away in 2009.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 10 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 69-inch mid mountain base, 307 inches this season
Weather: Very sunny
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: Great day for spring skiing at Vail. Changing conditions from top to bottom are making it difficult on the surface of your skis/board, though, so make sure and slather on plenty of good all mountain wax.
Snowcast: We’ve another chance of snow for this weekend, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail