On the Hill: Snow on the way just in time at Vail
April 12, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Cheetah at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 9 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 65-inch mid mountain base, 307 inches total this season
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: With nine days remaining in the 13-14 ski season, the brown is starting to show through at the bottom of the mountain. Fortunately it’s looking like there’s more snow on the way at Vail.
Snowcast: The main snowstorm will hit between about 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, with mountains west of the divide expected to receive 6-10″, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail