On the Hill: Snow starting to fall at Vail
January 1, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Giant Steps on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0″ new snow overnight, 5″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: Once again today, there was a slight layer of dust on the slopes this morning which wasn’t reported
Weather: Cloudy and snowing
Liftline status: Very crowded for the last day of 2013
Run of the day: Giant Steps was just opened
Breakdown: The snow is starting to fall on Vail Mountain, and just in time as the conditions were starting to get icy and hard with only 5 inches of snow in the last week
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts 40 percent chance of snow New Year’s Eve with a 70 percent New Year’s night. It forecasts a 70 percent of snow Jan. 1.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?