On the Hill: Snow still powdery, untracked in areas of Blue Sky Basin
Ryan Summerlin April 15, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Iron Mask at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 10 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 70-inch mid mountain base, 317 inches total this season
Weather: Very sunny
Liftline status: Getting busy
Breakdown: Temperatures have stayed cold enough over the last day and a half to keep the snow fluffy on higher, north facing aspects, especially where trees are providing shade.
Snowcast: Another storm will bring 2-4 or 3-6 inches of snow to the northern half of Colorado on Wednesday and Wednesday night, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- The big surprise: Bride says ‘I will’ and ‘I do’ on same day atop Vail Mountain
- Vail Valley Foundation names new board chair
- Sophisticated scammers try to swindle local businesses
- Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week makes offseason eats affordable with $20.16 price points
- Avon Town Council denies sales tax rebate