On the Hill: Snow still soft and fun at Vail
March 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Challenge at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours
Weather: Very cloudy, low visibility
Liftline status: No lines at Gondola One, heavy traffic at Chairs 4 and 2
Breakdown: Somehow, the 10 inches of snow Vail has received in the last week has stayed soft in the higher elevation, north facing aspects that have trees. Near the bottom of the mountain, the brown is starting to show through on Pepi’s Face and 38.
Snowcast: The next storm will hit Sunday night with snow showers in the afternoon and the heaviest snow falling after lifts close on Sunday night, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Daily editorial: Proposed smartphone ban is extreme nanny-ism