On the Hill: Snow still soft and fun at Vail
March 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Challenge at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours
Weather: Very cloudy, low visibility
Liftline status: No lines at Gondola One, heavy traffic at Chairs 4 and 2
Breakdown: Somehow, the 10 inches of snow Vail has received in the last week has stayed soft in the higher elevation, north facing aspects that have trees. Near the bottom of the mountain, the brown is starting to show through on Pepi’s Face and 38.
Snowcast: The next storm will hit Sunday night with snow showers in the afternoon and the heaviest snow falling after lifts close on Sunday night, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training