On the Hill: Snowfall starting at Vail
April 2, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Sheer Terror at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 1 inch new snow, 2 inches in last 72 hours
Vail Daily field report: 6-8 inches is probably more accurate for the 72-hour report
Liftline status: No lines anywhere today
Breakdown: It’s snowing on Vail Mountain, with a nice layer of fresh falling atop the crust that was formed after yesterday’s warmer temps set in. In higher, north-facing trees, however, you can find untracked swaths of the whole 6-8 inches we’ve received this week.
Snowcast: Moderate snow will fall on most mountains Wednesday through Thursday, and then light to moderate snow will fall Saturday, Sunday, and perhaps into Monday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions