On the Hill: Snowing at Beaver Creek
April 1, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through the trees off Cinch at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 0 inches overnight, 17 inches in last week
Weather: Cloudy, snowing lightly
Liftline status: Not too busy
Breakdown: The snow is better on the eastern part of the mountain (Centennial, Rose Bowl, Cinch, Larkspur, Grouse) than on the western part (Arrowhead). It started snowing Tuesday morning after the Beav’s official report at 5 a.m., and has been snowing into the morning hours. At least 1 inch by 10 a.m.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a 50 percent chance of snow Tuesday and Wednesday
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?