On the Hill: Snowing at Beaver Creek
April 1, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through the trees off Cinch at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 0 inches overnight, 17 inches in last week
Weather: Cloudy, snowing lightly
Liftline status: Not too busy
Breakdown: The snow is better on the eastern part of the mountain (Centennial, Rose Bowl, Cinch, Larkspur, Grouse) than on the western part (Arrowhead). It started snowing Tuesday morning after the Beav’s official report at 5 a.m., and has been snowing into the morning hours. At least 1 inch by 10 a.m.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a 50 percent chance of snow Tuesday and Wednesday
Trending In: On The Hill
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort