On the Hill: Snowing at the Beav’
February 14, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding underneath Cinch Express Lift at Beaver Creek.
Ross Leonhart uses a GoPro Hero2 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 1″ overnight, 1″ in last 24 hours, 1″ in last 48 hours and 14″ in last week
Weather: Windy, cloudy, no sun in sight and snow falling.
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Conditions are tough today at the Beav’. It is windy and the snow is coming down hard (not quantity). It hurts when the snow comes in contact with skin because of the wind and type of snow, which I am comparing to frozen Dippin Dots.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts chance of snow through Sunday night.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy Class of 2017 is Overachiever U
- The year is complete and RPI is officially a mess