On the Hill: Snowing, but conditions are tough at Vail
Ryan Summerlin March 7, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding on Vail Mountain’s Frontside Chutes.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: 2 inches snow snow and counting
Weather: Cloudy, snowing
Liftline status: Pretty busy today
Breakdown: Changing conditions and low visibility are making skiing difficult today, but the new snow that’s falling makes it fun. Be careful for what lies beneth it, though, there’s snow snakes everywhere today.
Snowcast: It should continue to fall Friday and clear up by Saturday, NOAA reports.
Trending In: On The Hill
- The big surprise: Bride says ‘I will’ and ‘I do’ on same day atop Vail Mountain
- Vail Valley Foundation names new board chair
- Sophisticated scammers try to swindle local businesses
- Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week makes offseason eats affordable with $20.16 price points
- Avon Town Council denies sales tax rebate