On the Hill: Snowing, but conditions are tough at Vail
March 7, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding on Vail Mountain’s Frontside Chutes.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: 2 inches snow snow and counting
Weather: Cloudy, snowing
Liftline status: Pretty busy today
Breakdown: Changing conditions and low visibility are making skiing difficult today, but the new snow that’s falling makes it fun. Be careful for what lies beneth it, though, there’s snow snakes everywhere today.
Snowcast: It should continue to fall Friday and clear up by Saturday, NOAA reports.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Envisioning a future Gypsum: Community’s new master plan contemplates ‘nontraditional’ downtown
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- Eagle’s Pickups Pizza expands menu, hours
- A sacred place: A tribute to Sandy Treat and the 10th Mountain Division