On the Hill: Snowing, but conditions are tough at Vail
March 7, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding on Vail Mountain’s Frontside Chutes.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: 2 inches snow snow and counting
Weather: Cloudy, snowing
Liftline status: Pretty busy today
Breakdown: Changing conditions and low visibility are making skiing difficult today, but the new snow that’s falling makes it fun. Be careful for what lies beneth it, though, there’s snow snakes everywhere today.
Snowcast: It should continue to fall Friday and clear up by Saturday, NOAA reports.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock