On the Hill: Snowing hard at Vail
February 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Whiskey Jack at Vail. While China Bowl and Blue Sky Basin were closed this morning, they opened around 10:30 or so today.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 6 inches new snow and 17 inches in last week as of 5 a.m.
Liftline status: Busy
Run of the day: Anything in Blue Sky
Breakdown: While it was closed at the time of this report, Blue Sky Basin is now open after days of being closed. There’s likely to be a foot or two of untracked snow back there.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says it should continue snowing through Monday
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?