On the Hill: Snowing hard at Vail
April 13, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Minnie’s at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 1 inch new snow in the last 24 hours, 9 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 65-inch mid mountain base, 308 inches total this season
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: The snow is falling hard; it’s nice at the top of the mountain but very wet at the bottom. Goggle issues are inevitable if you’re wearing them, fortunately Vail has two different gondolas. Use them to dry off and re-tool your gear between runs.
Snowcast: The main snowstorm will hit between about 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, with mountains west of the divide expected to receive 6-10″, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Tourists continue visiting ER for marijuana use
- Presidential plane crew spends some time training at the Eagle County airport
- VIDEO: Police misconduct investigation opened after footage of Leadville arrest surfaces
- Hunters find wallet lost in 1980 near De Beque, looking for owner
- Snowpack tells strange story of area’s winter