On the Hill: Snowing hard at Vail
April 13, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Minnie’s at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 1 inch new snow in the last 24 hours, 9 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 65-inch mid mountain base, 308 inches total this season
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: The snow is falling hard; it’s nice at the top of the mountain but very wet at the bottom. Goggle issues are inevitable if you’re wearing them, fortunately Vail has two different gondolas. Use them to dry off and re-tool your gear between runs.
Snowcast: The main snowstorm will hit between about 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, with mountains west of the divide expected to receive 6-10″, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Doggone? Nope! Searcher finds Izzy the pit bull, owner glad to be alive
- Vail avalanche death case on hold as judge denies motion to disqualify himself
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Gypsum approves Spring Creek Village housing proposal at Stratton Flats