On the Hill: Snowing hard at Vail
April 13, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Minnie’s at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 1 inch new snow in the last 24 hours, 9 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 65-inch mid mountain base, 308 inches total this season
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: The snow is falling hard; it’s nice at the top of the mountain but very wet at the bottom. Goggle issues are inevitable if you’re wearing them, fortunately Vail has two different gondolas. Use them to dry off and re-tool your gear between runs.
Snowcast: The main snowstorm will hit between about 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, with mountains west of the divide expected to receive 6-10″, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride