On the Hill: Snowy Saturday at Vail
March 15, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through North Rim on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight as of 5 a.m., 4 inches in the last week
Vail Daily field report: 2 inches new snow
Weather: Partly cloudy, snowing off and on
Liftline status: Busy at chairs 4 and 11
Breakdown: A little more snow to keep the base nice is great for skiing at Vail, while the mountain has reported only 261 inches received so far this season, there’s a 65-inch mid mountain base so the snow that has fallen has stuck around very well.
Snowcast: Snow will begin to fall Monday evening and will come in waves through Tuesday evening, with 2-4 or 3-6 inches likely across the northern half of Colorado including the I-70 corridor, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Vail Daily editorial: Proposed smartphone ban is extreme nanny-ism