On the Hill: Soft snow at Vail
March 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Avanti on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours as of 5 a.m.; 7 inches in last week
Weather: Very sunny, not too cold
Liftline status: Not quite as crowded as Saturday, but busy nonetheless. The maze at Chair 4 was starting to fill pretty early this morning.
Breakdown: It’s a great day for cruising around Vail, and with groomers like Lindsey’s and even some groomed terrain in Earl’s Bowl, conditions are nice for going fast and having fun.
Snowcast: Most ski areas in Colorado areas will see 3-6 inches from Monday night through Tuesday midday, but the details of where the heaviest snow will fall is still elusive, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride