On the Hill: Soft snow at Vail
March 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Avanti on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours as of 5 a.m.; 7 inches in last week
Weather: Very sunny, not too cold
Liftline status: Not quite as crowded as Saturday, but busy nonetheless. The maze at Chair 4 was starting to fill pretty early this morning.
Breakdown: It’s a great day for cruising around Vail, and with groomers like Lindsey’s and even some groomed terrain in Earl’s Bowl, conditions are nice for going fast and having fun.
Snowcast: Most ski areas in Colorado areas will see 3-6 inches from Monday night through Tuesday midday, but the details of where the heaviest snow will fall is still elusive, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended