On the Hill: Soft snow preserved at Vail
March 13, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through The Preserve on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 9 inches in the last week
Weather: Sunny, fairly cold
Liftline status: Eagle Bahn gondola had a full maze by 10 a.m.
Breakdown: The temps been stayed cold enough that the fresh snow that hasn’t been exposed to direct sunlight has stayed soft.
Snowcast: Another quick-moving storm will move across the northern half of Colorado on Saturday, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail