On the Hill: Spend Christmas morning with Vail’s 1st-chair family
December 25, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Columbine run and the adjacent trees.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3″ new snow overnight, 27″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: While it’s starting to get tracked out, there’s more than 2 feet of untouched snow in places
Weather: Very sunny and a little colder than it’s been; at 8:30 a.m. it was about 10 degrees at Eagle’s Nest and warming up.
Liftline status: Fairly crowded today
Run of the day: Christmas, what else?
Breakdown: It’s the first sunny morning in a few days and with powder and sun, it’s classic Vail conditions. With more than 2 feet of new snow in the last week, conditions are fantastic.
Snowcast: It should be sunny the rest of the week, reports the National Weather Service.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations