On the Hill: Spring skiing at Vail
February 16, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding up to “The Edge” bronze statue of Bode Miller.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 13 inches in last week
Weather: Warm and very cloudy
Liftline status: Not as bad as expected for a holiday weekend.
Breakdown: With warm temperatures and a large base, Vail is experiencing spring skiing conditions in mid February. The only problem is, the sun is not out, so visibility is difficult.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says we’re supposed to get snow Sunday night
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy Class of 2017 is Overachiever U
- The year is complete and RPI is officially a mess