On the Hill: Sprinting down Gore Creek, SUP style
June 7, 2014
Today’s activity: Stand-up paddling the SUP Sprint course on Gore Creek for the GoPro Mountain Games with SUPer Ken Hoeve.
Conditions: The GoPro Mountains Games SUP Surf Sprint competition is Saturday at 9:30 a.m. River levels are making for ideal conditions for the whitewater events. The creek is currently running between 900 and 1,400 cfs.
Today’s weather: A 20 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the morning.. — National Weather Service
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Envisioning a future Gypsum: Community’s new master plan contemplates ‘nontraditional’ downtown
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- Eagle’s Pickups Pizza expands menu, hours
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership