On the Hill: Sprinting down Gore Creek, SUP style
June 7, 2014
Today’s activity: Stand-up paddling the SUP Sprint course on Gore Creek for the GoPro Mountain Games with SUPer Ken Hoeve.
Conditions: The GoPro Mountains Games SUP Surf Sprint competition is Saturday at 9:30 a.m. River levels are making for ideal conditions for the whitewater events. The creek is currently running between 900 and 1,400 cfs.
Today’s weather: A 20 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the morning.. — National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade