On the Hill: Sprinting down Gore Creek, SUP style
June 7, 2014
Today’s activity: Stand-up paddling the SUP Sprint course on Gore Creek for the GoPro Mountain Games with SUPer Ken Hoeve.
Conditions: The GoPro Mountains Games SUP Surf Sprint competition is Saturday at 9:30 a.m. River levels are making for ideal conditions for the whitewater events. The creek is currently running between 900 and 1,400 cfs.
Today’s weather: A 20 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the morning.. — National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Doggone? Nope! Searcher finds Izzy the pit bull, owner glad to be alive
- Vail avalanche death case on hold as judge denies motion to disqualify himself
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Gypsum approves Spring Creek Village housing proposal at Stratton Flats