On the Hill: Stand-up paddleboarding on Nottingham Lake in Avon
June 5, 2013
Today’s activity: Flatwater stand-up paddleboarding on Nottingham Lake.
Today’s weather: Partly cloudy with cooler temps and wind.
Forecast: Tomorrow should be sunny and about 60 degrees, say forecasters.
Conditions: On Nottingham Lake in Avon, a patching project means no paddleboat rentals this year. But stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) is still on, leaving SUPers with the lake to themselves on many days like today. And with the winds we saw this afternoon, the flatwater of the lake still proved to be a challenge to navigate on a SUP, making for an ideal training ground. Check out Alpine Quest on Hwy 6 in Edwards for SUP rentals.
The Beaver Creek hiking center specializes in guided interpretive nature hikes and mountain bike tours.
Lakota Guides offers guided raft trips for all abilities in and around Eagle County.
Beaver Creek offers signature events throughout the summer season, Tough Mudder.
On the Hill Winter documented 150 straight days of ski conditions on Vail Mountain.
Zip Adventures provides guests of the Vail Valley with world-class zip line adventures experiences
Mountain Pedaler of Vail is the number one source for your cycling needs in the Vail Valley.
Sundays June 16- Sept 22rd, 2013 on Meadow Drive in Vail Village from 10 AM- 3:30 PM.
Nova’s knowledgeable local guides are always prepared to show you a great time
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail