On the Hill: Stone Creek Chutes now open at Beaver Creek
January 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through powder down Second Chance in the Stone Creek Chutes at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 4″ in last 24 hours, 17″ in last week
Weather: Mostly cloudy, not as cold as it’s been the last few days
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Beaver Creek reported 4 inches of new snow overnight, adding a great layer of soft stuff on top of the packed snow. Stone Creek Chutes opened early Thursday morning.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a 70 percent chance of snow Thursday and 90 percent for Thursday night with an accumulation of 2-4 inches. It also predicts a chance of snow through Sunday night.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues