On the Hill: Storm on the way at Vail
Ryan Summerlin January 28, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Coyote’s Escape at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours; 0 inches in last week
Weather: Very cloudy and a little colder than it has been recently
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Run of the day: Something with the word “glade” in it will help with visibility in the flat light
Breakdown: It’s the first cloudy day Vail’s seen in a while, making visibility difficult. But the snow is soft, you just may want to go a little slower on it since it’s hard to see the contours of the surface on the open roads.
Snowcast: It’s looks like it should snow Monday night and Wednesday through Friday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- The big surprise: Bride says ‘I will’ and ‘I do’ on same day atop Vail Mountain
- Vail Valley Foundation names new board chair
- Sophisticated scammers try to swindle local businesses
- Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week makes offseason eats affordable with $20.16 price points
- Avon Town Council denies sales tax rebate