On the Hill: Sunny skies creating choppy snow at Vail
April 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Highline.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 3 inches new snow in the last 48 hours, 13 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 73-inch mid mountain base, 307 inches this season
Weather: Very sunny
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: It got very sunny yesterday afternoon, making the chop snow is really tough to navigate today. It’s a workout if you’re up for it, otherwise you may want to stick to the groomers.
Snowcast: We’ve another chance of snow for this weekend, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Twice is nice for Vail Mountain School skiing
- Will 2017 be the last year of free Vail summer parking?
- VIDEO: Venezuelan Nordic skier dubbed ‘worst skier alive’ competes at World Championships
- Final report released in fatal Flat Tops avalanche
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort