On the Hill: Sunny skies creating choppy snow at Vail
April 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Highline.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 3 inches new snow in the last 48 hours, 13 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 73-inch mid mountain base, 307 inches this season
Weather: Very sunny
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: It got very sunny yesterday afternoon, making the chop snow is really tough to navigate today. It’s a workout if you’re up for it, otherwise you may want to stick to the groomers.
Snowcast: We’ve another chance of snow for this weekend, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks