On the Hill: Take a cruise down Après Vous on Vail Mountain
January 8, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Après Vous in Vail
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 2 inches new snow overnight, 17 inches in last week
Weather: Very cloudy and a little snowy on top of the mountain
Liftline status: No lines today
Run of the day: Blue Ox was groomed yesterday, and the new snow is probably making it very nice today
Breakdown: Another couple inches overnight brought Vail’s snowfall total to 130 inches for this season, and with a 40-inch mid-mountain base, conditions are great for January. Temps are cold but not too cold, however visibility is really difficult today.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a slight chance of snow Wednesday and Wednesday night into Thursday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes