On the Hill: Take a cruise on Cataract at Beaver Creek
January 22, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Cataract, the Groomer of the Day, at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ in last 24 hours, 0″ in last seven days.
Weather: IIt’s a little chilly at the Beav’ today, but a beautiful sunny day nonetheless.
Liftline status: Not too bad.
Breakdown: The mountain could use some fresh snow, but it still holds a 42-inch mid-mountain base. Cataract is the Groomer of the Day, but other areas such as Larkspur have been groomed in the past couple of days and are running nicely.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a 30 percent chance of snow Wednesday night with partly sunny or sunny skies through the weekend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery