On the Hill: Take a cruise through Mikaela Shiffrin’s training ground
February 22, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the world-class training facility at Golden Peak in Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 3 inches in last week
Weather: Partly cloudy
Liftline status: Busy in places but not bad overall for a Friday
Breakdown: The excitement, the emotion on Vail Mountain and in the Vail community is immense right now as we learned this morning that Eagle-Vail resident Mikaela Shiffrin became the youngest woman to win Olympic gold in the slalom. Golden Peak, where Mikaela trains, is the place to be today.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow through Sunday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet