On the Hill: Take a cruise through Mikaela Shiffrin’s training ground
February 22, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the world-class training facility at Golden Peak in Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 3 inches in last week
Weather: Partly cloudy
Liftline status: Busy in places but not bad overall for a Friday
Breakdown: The excitement, the emotion on Vail Mountain and in the Vail community is immense right now as we learned this morning that Eagle-Vail resident Mikaela Shiffrin became the youngest woman to win Olympic gold in the slalom. Golden Peak, where Mikaela trains, is the place to be today.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow through Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade