On the Hill: Take a ride on Vail’s new 6-seat chair
November 27, 2013
Join Vail Daily ‘On the Hill’ reporter John LaConte for the very first public ride up the new, 6-seat Chair 4, as well as a cruise down the untracked terrain on Zot.
Vail official report: 0″ new snow overnight, 7″ in last week
Weather: Very sunny again today with temps in the 20s
Liftline status: Liftlines aren’t bad anywhere at Vail today, presumably due to Beaver Creek’s opening this morning
Run of the day: Anything accessed by Chair 4
Breakdown: Now that Chair 4, Vail’s newest and only 6-seat chair, is up and running for the season, it opens Vail up to have more than 600 acres of new terrain. The untracked snow on Zot was fun to ride on but harder than expected.
Snowcast: Nothing in the forecast for the next few days, but it looks like a system could come through this weekend and give us some snow.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks