On the Hill: Take a snowy tree run at Vail
December 26, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the trees to the right of the run Christmas, known as the Christmas Trees.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0″ new snow overnight, 27″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: While it’s starting to get tracked out, there’s still more than 2 feet of untouched snow in places
Weather: Very sunny and cold in the morning
Liftline status: Fairly crowded again today
Run of the day: Any area of the mountain that’s north facing, high elevation and shaded with some trees is going to have light and fluffy snow.
Breakdown: It’s another sunny morning at Vail. With more than 2 feet of new snow in the last week, conditions are fantastic.
Snowcast: It should be sunny the rest of the week, reports the National Weather Service.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?