On the Hill: Vail Mountain opens new hiking trail ‘Kinnickinnick"
July 25, 2014
Today’s activity: Hiking the newly opened Kinnickinnick trail on Vail Mountain
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Report: The Kinnickinnick and Sunlight hiking trails recently re-opened on Vail Mountain after having been closed for years due to construction projects including The 10th restaurant, Gondola One, and the Mountain Top Express Lift (Chair 4). The Kinnickinnick Trail takes hikers from Mid Vail to Wildwood at the top of Chair 3, and from there it’s a short walk down to the Eagle Bahn for those looking to ride both gondolas at Vail.
Today’s forecast: Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 10 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. — National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery