On the Hill: Vail Mountain opens new hiking trail ‘Kinnickinnick"
July 25, 2014
Today’s activity: Hiking the newly opened Kinnickinnick trail on Vail Mountain
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Report: The Kinnickinnick and Sunlight hiking trails recently re-opened on Vail Mountain after having been closed for years due to construction projects including The 10th restaurant, Gondola One, and the Mountain Top Express Lift (Chair 4). The Kinnickinnick Trail takes hikers from Mid Vail to Wildwood at the top of Chair 3, and from there it’s a short walk down to the Eagle Bahn for those looking to ride both gondolas at Vail.
Today’s forecast: Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 10 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. — National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle