On the Hill: Vail only reporting 1 inch in the last 24 hours? Must be April Fool’s
April 1, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the Chaos Canyon trees at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow, 1 inch in last 24 hours
Vail Daily field report: 6 new inches new snow in places
Liftline status: No lines anywhere today
Breakdown: If you’re wondering how we could be having such a great season, yet still have not reached 300 inches of snow for the season, blame the measuring stick. Vail only reported 1 inch of snow in 24 hours between Monday and Tuesday. Our Monday report showed it to be an absolute powder day, with at least half a foot of new snow that went unreported.
Snowcast: Moderate snow will fall on most mountains Wednesday through Thursday and Thursday could be a powder day but there’s lots of uncertainty on that, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes