On the Hill: Vail’s Chair 4 Cliffs now open
December 10, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding Vail’s Hollywood cliffs
Vail official report: 1″ new snow, 19″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: No new snow this morning, but the cold temps have kept the previous days’ snow running nice
Weather: Very cold again, although it may be a little warmer than it has been over the last few days
Liftline status: No lines anywhere
Run of the day: Chair 4 Cliffs
Breakdown: Chair 4 wasn’t running this morning, but with no lift lines anywhere, it doesn’t need to be as the area accessed by that chair is also accessible by Chair 11. The result is a perfect opportunity to try out Vail’s so-called “Hollywood” cliffs without the audience that gave them their namesake.
Snowcast: “Snow showers are likely along I-70 and north on Tuesday evening and again from Friday through the weekend, but accumulations will be minimal,” reports Meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Are you enjoying On the Hill? Have any suggestions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks