On the Hill: Varying conditions for PinkVail party
April 5, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding in the Lionshead area.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours as of 5 a.m., 6 inches in the last week
Weather: Partly cloudy
Liftline status: Not so busy in places, crowded with activity in others
Breakdown: It’s a really fun day to be at Vail with Pink Vail – the world’s largest ski day to cure cancer – underway. Clouds are making visibility difficult at times, but the sun is managing to get through a little.
Snowcast: Light to moderate snow will fall Saturday, then heavier snowfall will hit Sunday night 6+ inches of fresh powder for areas along I-70 by Monday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail