On the Hill: Visit all of Vail’s lifts in a day
January 27, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while obtaining epicmix.com’s Vail Conquerer pin.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours; 0 inches in last week
Weather: Warm temps with no clouds and a slight wind. The top of Teacup chair was the coldest spot on the mountain today.
Liftline status: The only liftlines we encountered today were at chairs 7 and 2
Run of the day: Yonder was really fun
Breakdown: Epicmix.com tracks what chairs you’ve been riding, and awards users a “pin” for riding every chair in one day. With lifts 22, 27, and some of the other less used lifts now running, it’s a great time to try and get that Vail Conqueror pin.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says there’s a 40 percent chance of snow Sunday night and a 50 percent chance Monday. It could be a snowy week with a slight chance of snow Wednesday and Thursday, as well.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations