On the Hill: Visit Ted Ligety’s training ground on Vail Mountain
February 19, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Ski and Snowboard Club Vail’s world-renowned trailing facility on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 4 inches in last week
Weather: Cloudy, windy and a little snowy
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Breakdown: Conditions are pretty standard at Vail, which is an exciting place to be during the Olympic ski races. At some point, most of the top racers in the field have spent time training at the Golden Peak training facility on Vail Mountain.
Snowcast: Colorado forecasters are saying Thursday should be a powder day.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Missouri developer buys Leadville’s historic rail yard, plans mixed-use community
- Avon police put down deer injured by hunter
- Aspen man’s ‘I didn’t do it’ joke backfires spectacularly
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Johnstown man who died at Broncos game Monday leaves behind wife, five children