On the Hill: Visit Ted Ligety’s training ground on Vail Mountain
February 19, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Ski and Snowboard Club Vail’s world-renowned trailing facility on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 4 inches in last week
Weather: Cloudy, windy and a little snowy
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Breakdown: Conditions are pretty standard at Vail, which is an exciting place to be during the Olympic ski races. At some point, most of the top racers in the field have spent time training at the Golden Peak training facility on Vail Mountain.
Snowcast: Colorado forecasters are saying Thursday should be a powder day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade