On the Hill: Waist deep powder at Vail
January 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the powder on Après Vous at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 21 inches new snow in last 24 hours, as of 5 a.m.
Liftline status: Crowded! The line for Gondola One was stretching up to Pepi’s Face
Run of the day: Anything steep
Breakdown: It’s an absolutely massive powder day at Vail. Prepare to struggle in the flat spots until the mountain starts to get tracked.
Snowcast: Forecasters are saying we should continute to receive snow throughout the weekend.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Envisioning a future Gypsum: Community’s new master plan contemplates ‘nontraditional’ downtown
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- Eagle’s Pickups Pizza expands menu, hours
- A sacred place: A tribute to Sandy Treat and the 10th Mountain Division