On the Hill: Waist deep powder at Vail
January 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the powder on Après Vous at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 21 inches new snow in last 24 hours, as of 5 a.m.
Liftline status: Crowded! The line for Gondola One was stretching up to Pepi’s Face
Run of the day: Anything steep
Breakdown: It’s an absolutely massive powder day at Vail. Prepare to struggle in the flat spots until the mountain starts to get tracked.
Snowcast: Forecasters are saying we should continute to receive snow throughout the weekend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade