On the Hill: Waist deep powder at Vail
January 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the powder on Après Vous at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 21 inches new snow in last 24 hours, as of 5 a.m.
Liftline status: Crowded! The line for Gondola One was stretching up to Pepi’s Face
Run of the day: Anything steep
Breakdown: It’s an absolutely massive powder day at Vail. Prepare to struggle in the flat spots until the mountain starts to get tracked.
Snowcast: Forecasters are saying we should continute to receive snow throughout the weekend.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Man found dead in Maroon Bells area; injuries to head and leg
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?
- Deceased hiker found Saturday morning south of Crater Lake near Aspen ID’ed