On the Hill: Windy ridges at Vail
February 19, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down The Meadows on Vail Mountain
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 5 inches in last week
Weather: Sunny and windy
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Breakdown: While the ridges are windy, the runs that have trees along the sides are protected just fine. The back was slow to open this morning, but with minimal crowds, the front has plenty of terrain for skiers and riders to enjoy a great day on the mountain.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says we’re supposed to get snow on Wednesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Doggone? Nope! Searcher finds Izzy the pitbull, owner glad to be alive
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- Vail avalanche death case on hold as judge denies motion to disqualify himself