On the Hill: Windy ridges at Vail
February 19, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down The Meadows on Vail Mountain
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 5 inches in last week
Weather: Sunny and windy
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Breakdown: While the ridges are windy, the runs that have trees along the sides are protected just fine. The back was slow to open this morning, but with minimal crowds, the front has plenty of terrain for skiers and riders to enjoy a great day on the mountain.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says we’re supposed to get snow on Wednesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past