VIDEO: It’s Closing Day on Mt. Hood
September 4, 2017
VIDEO: Join Vail Daily On the Hill corespondent John LaConte as he ventures out to Mt. Hood, Oregon, where the Timberline Lodge is finally closing for the 2016-17 ski and snowboarding season. Timberline Lodge boasts the longest season in North America, turning the lifts for guests during all 12 months of the year.
LaConte is riding a Weston Backwoods snowboard in this episode of On the Hill.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail