The two greatest female alpine ski racers of all time came together in Vail this weekend for the American Ski Classic as Austria’s Annemarie Moser-Proell and U.S. Ski Team star Lindsey Vonn had the first opportunity to ever sit down together for a chat. The dominant force in women’s skiing in the 1970s, Moser-Proell was in Vail for her induction into the International Ski Racing Hall of Fame as the 2014 Legend of Honor, while Vonn is rehabbing the knee she re-injured earlier this winter. The most successful female skier in history, Moser-Proell owns 62 career World Cup victories, three more than Vonn, who sits at 59.
- Beaver Creek to open Wednesday with 720 acres
- Restore, Rejuvenate & Reiki Heart Opening Workshop at Synergy is Dec. 12
- Laura Anzalone opens Soul Spa Studio in Eagle, with nourishment for skin and soul
- Vail's Vintage restaurant offers French brasserie coziness, with brunch and late-night bites
- Beaver Creek has record opening