WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
Mudslide closes westbound I-70
Trending in: Regional
- Abandoned wreckage of two Jeeps near Crystal irks Forest Service
- Interstate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- New bills could help White River Forest
- Body of missing teen found
- VIDEO: Off the Hill with Tricia Swenson goes behind the scenes at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek