WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
Mudslide closes westbound I-70
Trending in: Regional
- Sen. Mark Udall campaigns to preserve 22,000 acres around Arkansas River
- Breckenridge's historic Gold Pan Saloon celebrates one of the oldest liquor licenses in the West
- 2 missing Colorado men found in truck crash 6 days later
- New Obamacare map could cut insurance costs
- Colorado Department of Transportation mobile app wins award