November 5, 2013
An Edwards resident suspected her shih tzu named Lexi was stolen Oct. 17. The resident told deputies that she let the dog outside at Arlington Place and it didn't come back. She went looking for it and a lady told her she saw a white dog running down the middle of the street that was picked up by someone in a white four-door car. The dog owner said her pet is worth $350 and is implanted with a microchip.
A 52-year-old hunter reported that a generator was stolen from his camp near State Bridge between 6:30 and 10:30 a.m. Oct. 19. A witness said he saw a white Dodge turbo diesel park near the site at 7:30 a.m. and leave 10 minutes later.
The 52-year-old hunter said he had a good idea who stole his generator. He gave officers the name of a 56-year-old man who used to be his best friend. He said the ex-friend was involved with illegal hunting activities, they had a falling out, and the friend knew where he hunted. Since then, the 52-year-old said the tires on his truck had been slashed and gas was dumped into his water holding tank.
The deputy noted there were some footprints and tire tracks at the site that might belong to the suspect. The 52-year-old said his former friend knows what kind of shoes to wear so that they don't leave a clear impression in the dirt. The hunter became increasingly upset and told the deputy he wanted to confront the man himself. The deputy urged him not to and contacted Glenwood Springs Police to interview the suspect at his home in Glenwood.
The suspect said he was in Eagle County on various errands the morning of Oct. 19 and he had the receipts to prove it. He said he never went up Colorado River Road that day. He allowed the police to search his property for the generator, which wasn't found. He confirmed that he used to be good friends with the 52 year old, but they had a disagreement on a hunting trip and his temper was too much to handle.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Regional
- Dwindling Obamacare funds could hurt regional Medicaid transit program
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Colorado’s most expensive toll lane, the I-70 Mountain Express Lane, to open
- The curious case of Capt. Craig Button Part II: Cleaning up plane crash took entire summer of 1997
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock