The two greatest female alpine ski racers of all time came together in Vail this weekend for the American Ski Classic as Austria’s Annemarie Moser-Proell and U.S. Ski Team star Lindsey Vonn had the first opportunity to ever sit down together for a chat. The dominant force in women’s skiing in the 1970s, Moser-Proell was in Vail for her induction into the International Ski Racing Hall of Fame as the 2014 Legend of Honor, while Vonn is rehabbing the knee she re-injured earlier this winter. The most successful female skier in history, Moser-Proell owns 62 career World Cup victories, three more than Vonn, who sits at 59.
Photo: Lindsey Vonn meets another skiing great
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Vail Daily column: How small changes equal big results
- Eagle cyclocross event wraps up season’s VRD bike races
- Results from the Evergold 11K and 5K held on Sunday
- Huskies rally, overcome Eagle Valley, 3-1
- Devils puts a hurt on Basalt Longhorns, 34-9