The two greatest female alpine ski racers of all time came together in Vail this weekend for the American Ski Classic as Austria’s Annemarie Moser-Proell and U.S. Ski Team star Lindsey Vonn had the first opportunity to ever sit down together for a chat. The dominant force in women’s skiing in the 1970s, Moser-Proell was in Vail for her induction into the International Ski Racing Hall of Fame as the 2014 Legend of Honor, while Vonn is rehabbing the knee she re-injured earlier this winter. The most successful female skier in history, Moser-Proell owns 62 career World Cup victories, three more than Vonn, who sits at 59.
Photo: Lindsey Vonn meets another skiing great
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Abandoned wreckage of two Jeeps near Crystal irks Forest Service
- Interstate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- New bills could help White River Forest
- Body of missing teen found
- VIDEO: Off the Hill with Tricia Swenson goes behind the scenes at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek