After long layoff, Devils fall at Rifle
January 12, 2017
RIFLE — As Admiral Ackbar said in "Return of the Jedi," — "It's a trap."
However, for Eagle Valley basketball, the Devils knew Thursday's games were traps not of their own making. It's difficult coming off the winter break to recapture a rhythm, and even more difficult when a program's first two games after the break are snowed out.
Having not played since Dec. 17, Eagle Valley's girls fell at Rifle, 34-21, while the boys lost, 65-62.
Weather willing, both Eagle Valley teams will get in serious flow of competition. The Devils head to Central on Saturday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from Colorado Lottery
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues