After long layoff, Devils fall at Rifle
January 12, 2017
RIFLE — As Admiral Ackbar said in "Return of the Jedi," — "It's a trap."
However, for Eagle Valley basketball, the Devils knew Thursday's games were traps not of their own making. It's difficult coming off the winter break to recapture a rhythm, and even more difficult when a program's first two games after the break are snowed out.
Having not played since Dec. 17, Eagle Valley's girls fell at Rifle, 34-21, while the boys lost, 65-62.
Weather willing, both Eagle Valley teams will get in serious flow of competition. The Devils head to Central on Saturday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
News from across the Web
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past