Arapahoe Basin extends ski season an extra weekend, June 9-11
May 23, 2017
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area has extended its season by at least one weekend.
On Tuesday morning, A-Basin officials announced the ski area would add a bonus weekend from June 9-11, giving skiers and snowboarders access to the slopes and lifts beyond the original closing date of June 4.
Prices will be as follows: $59 for adults, $47 for youth (ages 15 to 18), $34 for children (ages 6 to 14) and $30 for seniors (70 and older). Kids 5 and younger ski for free. There won't be any half-day tickets, and there also won't be any tuning or retail services at A-Basin village shops. The A-frame and Black Mountain Lodge will most likely be open, with times and dates to be announced at arapahoebasin.com.
A-Basin lifts and services will be closed from Monday, June 5, through Thursday, June 8. The bonus weekend begins Friday, June 9, with service on Black Mountain Express and Lenawee Mountain Lift from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., depending on weather. Ski patrol will most likely open top-to-bottom trails, area communications director Adrienne Saia Isaac said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Mountain School Gore Rangers boys soccer beats Basalt; playoffs still a possibility
- Column: Systemic stress, and how it leads to overall fitness
- Battle Mountain Huskies soccer on top of the Slope heap … again
- Races are coming into focus for Battle Mountain Huskies, Eagle Valley Devils
- Battle Mountain Huskies football can’t overcome mistakes in loss at Glenwood
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail