Bulldogs top Eagle Valley
February 16, 2014
PALISADE — A slow start doomed Eagle Valley girls basketball to a 55-33 loss at Palisade on Friday night.
The Devils were down 13-2 after the first eight minutes, and despite some rugged play, couldn't get back into the game.
"We had players stepping into different roles and we played a little tight," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "We really didn't abide by the Wooden-ism, 'Be quick, but don't hurry.' We hurried all night."
Taylor Martin led the Devils with nine points, while Katie McKay and Megan Asmussen had six points each.
Eagle Valley (12-7 overall and 8-5 in the 4A Slope) heads to Steamboat Springs today for its regular-season finale.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934 and email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade