Devils dump Clear Creek
April 6, 2013
IDAHO SPRINGS -Welcome home, Eagle Valley boys lacrosse.
Kick off your collective shoes and stay a while. The Devils start a six-game homestand Saturday against Pueblo West after earning a weekend split, including a 16-4 pounding of Clear Creek in Idaho Springs.
“I think the boys are really excited to play here, and defend their home turf,” Devils coach Ted Boddy said.
The Devils (2-6) snapped a four-game slide with a whole lot of offense against the Golddiggers. Johnny Bailey had six goals and four assists. Nick Briggs and Sam Boyd both had trifectas. Gregg Salaz scored twice and Jesus Garcia and Justin Hart also added their names to the scoresheet.
“We dressed a few more players than we normally do,” Boddy said. “They gave us good energy on the bench, which was needed.”
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours