Devils dump Clear Creek
April 6, 2013
IDAHO SPRINGS -Welcome home, Eagle Valley boys lacrosse.
Kick off your collective shoes and stay a while. The Devils start a six-game homestand Saturday against Pueblo West after earning a weekend split, including a 16-4 pounding of Clear Creek in Idaho Springs.
“I think the boys are really excited to play here, and defend their home turf,” Devils coach Ted Boddy said.
The Devils (2-6) snapped a four-game slide with a whole lot of offense against the Golddiggers. Johnny Bailey had six goals and four assists. Nick Briggs and Sam Boyd both had trifectas. Gregg Salaz scored twice and Jesus Garcia and Justin Hart also added their names to the scoresheet.
“We dressed a few more players than we normally do,” Boddy said. “They gave us good energy on the bench, which was needed.”
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body