Devils dump Clear Creek
April 6, 2013
IDAHO SPRINGS -Welcome home, Eagle Valley boys lacrosse.
Kick off your collective shoes and stay a while. The Devils start a six-game homestand Saturday against Pueblo West after earning a weekend split, including a 16-4 pounding of Clear Creek in Idaho Springs.
“I think the boys are really excited to play here, and defend their home turf,” Devils coach Ted Boddy said.
The Devils (2-6) snapped a four-game slide with a whole lot of offense against the Golddiggers. Johnny Bailey had six goals and four assists. Nick Briggs and Sam Boyd both had trifectas. Gregg Salaz scored twice and Jesus Garcia and Justin Hart also added their names to the scoresheet.
“We dressed a few more players than we normally do,” Boddy said. “They gave us good energy on the bench, which was needed.”
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past