Devils girls hoops wins opener
December 1, 2016
COLORADO SPRINGS — Eagle Valley girls basketball got the honors of being the first local hoopsters to put a win on the board, thrashing Wheat Ridge, 60-33, on Thursday night during the first round of the Mitchell tourney.
"We seem to have a lot of chemistry early, so that's good coming back," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "Coming back with a couple of starter like Kylie and Regan helps."
Yes it does. Kylie Martin went off for 28 points, while Regan Bossow had 14, providing some nice inside-outside balance.
"Regan's really maturing," Bartlett said. "She's come a long way with her defensive awareness, understands passing lanes and can get her hands on the ball in transition. We're multifaceted."
Eagle Valley hits the court again down in Colorado Springs tonight at 7:30 p.m. against Thursday night's winner of Pueblo Central and Mitchell.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Luxury real estate in Beaver Creek to be sold through Instant Gavel auction app
- Breaking: Brush fire reported along Interstate 70 in Avon extinguished