Devils girls hoops wins opener
December 1, 2016
COLORADO SPRINGS — Eagle Valley girls basketball got the honors of being the first local hoopsters to put a win on the board, thrashing Wheat Ridge, 60-33, on Thursday night during the first round of the Mitchell tourney.
"We seem to have a lot of chemistry early, so that's good coming back," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "Coming back with a couple of starter like Kylie and Regan helps."
Yes it does. Kylie Martin went off for 28 points, while Regan Bossow had 14, providing some nice inside-outside balance.
"Regan's really maturing," Bartlett said. "She's come a long way with her defensive awareness, understands passing lanes and can get her hands on the ball in transition. We're multifaceted."
Eagle Valley hits the court again down in Colorado Springs tonight at 7:30 p.m. against Thursday night's winner of Pueblo Central and Mitchell.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Battle Mountain Huskies girls cross-country cruises to regional win — its seventh straight
- Palisade runs past Battle Mountain Huskies football, 42-3
- Battle Mountain Huskies, Eagle Valley Devils cross-county ready for regional meet
- Freud: Several days later and it’s still mystifying how the Broncos lost
- Eagle Valley downs Grand Valley in three; rematch with Battle Mountain looming
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan