Devils XC receives final adjustments
October 11, 2013
3. Gino Giovagnoli, 17:06
4. Nathan Maddox, 17:17
10. Michael Niemeyer, 18:13
11. Dominic Patterson, 18:15
18. Brandon Sheard, 18:35
6. Desy Mendoza, 22:14
10. Michaela Mitchell, 22:30
11. Shawna Adams, 22:31
15. Nikki Cunning, 23:03
23. Chantal Willoughby, 23:19
PALISADE — Hail, hail, the gang's all here … almost.
Eagle Valley girls cross-country got back some familiar faces in its dress rehearsal for regionals on Thursday night in Palisade.
Nikki Cunning returned from an appendectomy, while Chantal Willoughby was back from an ankle injury.
The Devils girls finished third.
"It was an important race," Devils coach Melinda Brandt said. "It's great to have our upperclassmen back in action. We still waiting on Tyler (Beckum), who has the flu. Today was a huge confidence-booster for the girls."
The gents are pretty much ready to go. After losing to 5A Fruita by one point a few weeks ago, the boys topped the Wildcats on Thursday.
"The biggest thing is that Gino (Giovagnoli) and Nathan (Maddox) went out with two of the best runners in the Western Slope," Brandt said. "We wanted them to go out and have confidence."
The Hoss Award winners were Ryan Hanson and Heather Gordon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks