Eagle Valley Devils soccer falls to Glendwood Springs
September 13, 2013
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — Eagle Valley soccer mounted an impressive comeback Tuesday night in Glenwood Springs, but fell to the host Demons, 4-2.
The Devils trailed, 2-0, after 15 minutes, but showed a lot of character by rallying. In the 34th minute, Eagle Valley's David Ortiz lasered his shot from outside the 18 into the corner. Aldo Palacios got the equalizer on a set piece from Aaron Ledezma.
Unfortunately for Eagle Valley, the Demons capitalized on two Devils' mistakes and won the league contest.
"It was a tough game," Eagle Valley coach Bratzo Horruitiner said. "When we came back, everyone was really excited. I thought we had a good shot. But it's too tough to come back from two mistakes."
Eagle Valley (1-3 overall and 1-2 in the 4A Slope) is at Rifle on Thursday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934 and cfreud@vail daily.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations