High school sports schedule postponements
September 13, 2013
The weather statewide is doing a number on the preps sports schedule.
Vail Christian football is not hosting Longmont Christian tonight (Friday night) because the latter's student body is being affected by the flooding on the Front Range. Saints athletic director Tim Pierson said in an email that Vail Christian and Longmont Christian will try to reschedule the game.
Delta's soccer field is also unplayable because of the recent downpours. Thus, Battle Mountain does not head there for a scheduled nonleague tilt Saturday. According to Huskies athletic director Ryan McCay, the game is now on Oct. 5.
Vail Mountain School athletic director Tim O'Reilly said that Gore Rangers volleyball is also postponing its matches tonight (Friday) at Paonia and Saturday at Plateau Valley because of a death in the family of one of VMS' players. No make-up dates have been announced.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership