High school sports schedule postponements
September 13, 2013
The weather statewide is doing a number on the preps sports schedule.
Vail Christian football is not hosting Longmont Christian tonight (Friday night) because the latter's student body is being affected by the flooding on the Front Range. Saints athletic director Tim Pierson said in an email that Vail Christian and Longmont Christian will try to reschedule the game.
Delta's soccer field is also unplayable because of the recent downpours. Thus, Battle Mountain does not head there for a scheduled nonleague tilt Saturday. According to Huskies athletic director Ryan McCay, the game is now on Oct. 5.
Vail Mountain School athletic director Tim O'Reilly said that Gore Rangers volleyball is also postponing its matches tonight (Friday) at Paonia and Saturday at Plateau Valley because of a death in the family of one of VMS' players. No make-up dates have been announced.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery