Huskies girls lax beats Eagle Valley
March 14, 2013
EDWARDS – Turnabout is fair play.
Battle Mountain girls lacrosse took a thumping in its opener against Aspen, 15-4 Monday. Yet, it is better to give than to receive.
The Huskies did just that Thursday afternoon, beating Eagle Valley, 18-3, in Edwards
“We turned the tables,” Huskies coach Emily Jaissle said. “They came back with a lot of enthusiasm. We had six different girls scoring. We have a lot of freshman and our upperclassman are bringing them along.”
Battle Mountain’s Mabry Gentry had a pretty spectacular day with six goals in two assists. Maddi Conlin had four goals. Amie Hixon had a goal, two assists and eight groundballs as a midfielder, which is new for her. She played goalie last year for the Huskies.
Speaking of goalie, Battle Mountain freshman Sienna Miller had seven saves.
Battle Mountain is at Dakota Ridge Saturday, while Eagle Valley hosts Grand Junction Tuesday in Gypsum at 4 p.m.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Sports
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain