Huskies lax beats Evergreen
April 26, 2013
EVERGREEN – Battle Mountain boys lacrosse’s defense led the way Thursday night as the Huskies notched a 7-3 win at Evergreen.
“”We totally shut them down,” Huskies coach Jerry Nichols said. “They came out on fire in the second half and they couldn’t do anything. They were a very good team, but our seniors led us. We’re on a mission, and we’re one step closer to it. Our goal is to make the playoffs.”
The Huskies upped their record to 11-2, and host Telluride Saturday at 9 a.m.
Against Evergreen, Jack Harty scored twice, while Cooper Perkins, Cannon Kirschner, Lucas Brunette, Jesse Greve and Michael Lange also found the net.
Trending In: Sports
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes