Huskies lax beats Evergreen
April 26, 2013
EVERGREEN – Battle Mountain boys lacrosse’s defense led the way Thursday night as the Huskies notched a 7-3 win at Evergreen.
“”We totally shut them down,” Huskies coach Jerry Nichols said. “They came out on fire in the second half and they couldn’t do anything. They were a very good team, but our seniors led us. We’re on a mission, and we’re one step closer to it. Our goal is to make the playoffs.”
The Huskies upped their record to 11-2, and host Telluride Saturday at 9 a.m.
Against Evergreen, Jack Harty scored twice, while Cooper Perkins, Cannon Kirschner, Lucas Brunette, Jesse Greve and Michael Lange also found the net.
Trending In: Sports
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from Colorado Lottery
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues