Lady Devils win at Summit, 41-30
January 21, 2014
FARMER'S KORNER — Another day, another win.
Eagle Valley girls basketball made it six in row with a 41-30 win at Summit County on Tuesday night.
"I don't think we took them too lightly," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "They came out with a solid game plan, and they executed what they wanted to do. They came out defensively and shut down some aspects of our game and put us in some situations we weren't used to."
That didn't stop Ashley Floyd from ringing up 18 points, nor did it impede Mariel Gutierrez from scoring 13.
Eagle Valley (9-3 overall and 5-1 in the 3A Slope) is ready for its biggest test of the season as the Devils host Glenwood Springs on Friday.
The incoming Demons are 11-0 and 7-0. They've beaten the Devils twice already — one was a nonconference game.
"We need to play with confidence," Bartlett said. "We need to know what we're capable of and channel that energy into creating confidence. We'd appreciate a big crowd because the girls feed off the energy."
The girls tip off at 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
Cowboys take down Huskies
Despite 27 points from Owen Riley, the Battle Mountain boys basketball team fell at Meeker, 59-51, on Tuesday night in nonconference action.
Battle Mountain hosts Delta on Saturday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery